SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christy2828

The dumbest CL scammer ever!!!!

christy2828
14 years ago

I've got a few things listed for sale on Craigslist and get those annoying scammers all of the time. Maybe these folks are new at it, but they gave me their PHONE NUMBER!! I even spoke to her on the phone! I smelled a scam, but the phone number threw me off. She asked me to forward her the pictures (even though they were all in the ad) and I did. Then I got this email:

Thank you very much for your reply.I am very much okay with the photos but will not be able to to come check it out as i have a convention which i am attending in Princeton,Texas for 2 weeks which will keep me away from home for a while.I am okay with the condition and price of the item and i am ready for its purchase.I'll be paying you with a Cashier check and the payment will be issued out to you on a next day delivery. I'll be responsible for the pick-up,while you hold on my behalf. Once you receive this, my mover's will come for the pick up at your place.I will be needing the following information to issue out the payment......

1.Your full name

2.Your residential address(Physical)....not p o box

3.Your phone number

Awaiting Your Mail.

Thelma

904-425-9858

I called twice since then, once no answer and once I was hung up on after I asked for Thelma. Wonder if she is still interested in the furniture???? Lol, the number is a LANDLINE in Jacksonville - 7 hours north of me. I love it - like trying to rob a bank and leaving your address. Dummy.

Comments (28)