SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bac717gw

still trying to figure out lr furniture arrangement

bac717
9 years ago

Yes, I am STILL struggling with the furniture arrangement in our LR, but this time I at least have some 'new to us' chairs (from our GW friend, dlm2000, who is moving) to work with. They are replacing the plaid chairs that some of you may remember. I'm not sure where to start without this thread becoming a novel, so I'll just start with some pictures and a few of my thoughts. Sorry about the quality of the pictures. Lighting in some show the wall color as a mustard color. It's actually SW Blonde.

This is looking into the L-shaped LR and DR from the front door. The rug is not centered on the windows and therefore leaves a large area of bare floor as you enter the LR, but if I center the rug on the windows, the sofa is pretty far from the wall and the chair arrangement interferes with the piano.

All the open floor space.

Another pic showing floor space.

Looking into the LR from the DR.

Chairs across from sofa. The desk is very crowded with this arrangement. Again if I center rug, the chairs are way too close to the piano.

Looking into the LR from the front door.

I think that's enough pictures for now. I can take more if necessary. So, I'm open to any ideas/thoughts on furniture arrangement. The two I'm showing are certainly not the only two I'd consider. What should stay? What should go? Thanks so much!!

Comments (57)