SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
simplylane

Small Home, trying to figure out window blinds

simplylane
9 years ago

Long time lurker but my first post here.

We are currently building a smaller home (1301 sq ft) and are getting fairly close to the end now. Looking at about 2-3 weeks away from move-in. It is located in a small town, IN town so I am trying to figure out a solution for our windows so that we have privacy. Budget is tight. I am trying to decide between 3 choices: Faux wood blinds (I think they are 2 or 2.5") in either white or the natural wood tone OR bamboo but I need to research how much extra it'll cost to have them lined for privacy.

Just to give you an idea on the inside-
Open floor plan. When you come in the front door, you are stepping into the main room that is 1 longish rectangle. First at the front door is the living room which flows into the dining & then the kitchen. Floors are concrete (we stained with a diluted black stain so it's mainly gray with patches of darker colors and some warmth). Baseboard trim is white. The walls are Sherwin Williams Silver Strand. The windows do not have trim except for the window sill which is old barn wood sanded down. The kitchen cabinets are white with the exception of the island being wrapped in reclaimed wood and the front of the island being a medium gray tone. Also, the vent hood is wrapped in reclaimed wood. Stainless appliances & farmhouse sink is stainless. Hardware is brushed nickel, Light fixtures in this room are either wood/metal mix and others are brown tones.

I'm trying to keep the room feeling light & airy but wonder if the natural or bamboo would look best? I'm drawn to the white blinds purely to keep things simplistic & light looking. Thoughts? I'd love some input!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH