SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_mocha

Family Room-Updates w/ Pics

lisa_mocha
14 years ago

Hi there,

We've just completed a few cosmetic updates...

In the hallway off the 2nd floor family room, we replaced the carpet with hardwood that matches the FM room. We also replaced baseboards throughout the home.

Finally, I've moved an old pine commode and have installed shelves and painted the hallway same colour as FM.

Now to decide on a creamy shade that will go on the wall/upper staircase to 3rd floor. It's now Mannequin Cream and I find it too yellow with the Beacon Gray.Right now, BM Acadia White, White Down and Albescent are in the running. (but I change my mind daily:))

Has anyone here used these colours?

I've posted a before pic of the fireplace wall. We had bought cabinets to place beside the FP once TV was mounted over FP. We just painted them white, but I find something is off with them...

I likely should have paid the extra $ to have built-ins done. Still have to decide if we want to try to add more trim (at the bottom to make them look more built-in). Also-we need to fix the gap between cabinets & mantle but need to get an electician in beforehand to do his thing w/ the wiring for tv in behind.

Question...do you prefer the look with the urns in front of FP or without? Should I edit some of the 'stuff' on top of cabinets and shelves? DH says I have way too much 'junk' on display (If he had his way, there'd be nothing there...anything decorative is junk to him lol)

Thanks for any suggestions on paint for hallway and comments for accessorizing...

Lisa

{{!gwi}}

Comments (29)