SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorriekay_gw

Continuing Buffet Lamps Saga & New Picture

lorriekay
15 years ago

Well my buffet lamps arrived. I can't locate my camera but I will post a pic later. I ended up getting the Chelsea ones for like $32 for Both including shipping.

They look Better than I thought actually. The shades are a nice size (for some reason I thought they'd be puny)

One is missing the harp and finial. I thought it would be just missing the finial.

I went to walmart and target this morning and they did not have any 6 inch harps.

The smallest target had was an 8 inch adjustible harp and after looking All over walmart and being misdirected by salespeople everywhich way.. I finally found some but they were all 10 inch

So I need to go to lowes or home depot I think or a lamp store.

The shades looked beige in the picture but I was surprised to see they have black trim (which looks nice with the black buffet)

STILL even though they look okay I will be replacing the shades when I get some money.

I am thinking something more rustic looking.

I found a large wood bowl.

I am painting it ochre right now and will be painting some french motif on it.

I am not sure if the size/scale of the bowl is right for the buffet.

It is hard to tell. I sorta think it is wrong. But I like the bowl anyways and I can always use it on my dining table for fruit or whatever.

Also I figure if the scale of the bowl is wrong I can correct that by adding height with putting something IN the bowl.

My idea is to buy tight bunches of dried lavender to stuff in there

Turn the bowl into an arrangement.

You guys are going to help me with all this, right? LOL

Oh I found a picture I LOVE at Target and have been eyeballing. There was another lady there buying it as a gift for someone and when I saw her getting it .. that "tipped me over" since it is something I have been wanting for awhile.

There was only 2 left

I think it looks country french (which I want).. but then again I NEED to show you guys a pic of it to be sure.

It is a vase with lots of bright colored flowers and fruit in it.

Okay here is a PIC of the picture. It is on stretched canvas and it looks so much better in person.

Does it go with French country?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida