SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Trim is BM White Chocolate - Cabinets?

Jamie
11 years ago

New-to-us house has white chocolate trim on everything: doors, baseboards, builtins. We had this done and it is not going to change. The kitchen wall color is pale -- BM Horizon -- slightly gray, mostly invisible.

Kitchen cabinet companies offer about 3 shades of white, usually. At first I was going to use a non-stark shade that had only a little contrast with the trim. Now I'm wondering if I should use stark white cabinets instead and go for more contrast.

There are 4 painted panelled doors in the kitchen; that's a sizeable amount of the white chocolate color. The home is older, and the cabinets will obviously be new -- I'm not going to have them aged or anything -- which seems to me to say "go very white". The room has windows but there are many trees and the orientation is such that it is not a bright room during the day. It's a small kitchen with wood floors.

The adjacent rooms are BM Lemon Drop and SW Jonquil. The ceilings are BM Winter Snow -- very slightly gray. the only true white things right now are the sink and toilet in the adjacent powder room which is blue-gray. The kitchen is not open plan, but you do see these other wall colors.

What do you think about cabinet color?

Comment (1)