SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

before/after curb chairs thank you my3dogs!

User
9 years ago

Love chairs too:) I just got mine back from the upholsterer yesterday. I found the first one a LONG time ago on the curb across the street from my driveway. I cleaned it up and it was part of the art in my DR for years. I never intended to ever upholster it.

Years passed and then this past Spring I found his cousin nailed to the wall in a small shop up the street. Well I couldn't resist it. Michelle said I could have it as she had no plans for fixing it up.

You can see why I couldn't resist :) She is on the right and he , my original, is on the left.

My3dogs helped me find fabric. This is the "leather" she used on one of her chairs. The price was right...$4.99 a yard ! My upholsterer is an artist. He is a fine and talented young man. He did the most amazing job on my chairs. He took them apart and completely re-glued the frames. He then re-tied the springs. Layers of burlap/webbing/foam/padding..who knows what else ?? Those of you who upholster will know. They are fantastic now. The gate leg is where we spend the winter hours..in front of the fire. We eat dinner here and have our coffee many mornings. Our first chilly Fall morning will be Sunday...I can hardly wait.

I took some pics with and without flash. The without is the true color of the fabric. Details are better with the flash. Love the way he did the nails. I have no plans for the wood at present..perhaps wax or oil..haven't decided. For now my art has become something to use and yet the visual treat of knowing what is inside is still there.

Comments (41)