SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decor4fun_gw

Need Ideas for Repurposing LR and Dining Area

decor4fun
12 years ago

We will be moving into a new house soon. The bones are great. It's an older home with a recent addition. The addition consists of a family room area with vaulted ceilings and a stone fireplace and also a large room over the attached garage (accessible from the family room with windows overlooking the lake) which will be used for a TV room.

My dilemma. The entry opens into the original living area which leads into a smallish formal dining room. Since I will be using the two newer rooms in the addition for the most part, another 'living room' really isn't necessary. The entrance is a bit odd and I'm not quite sure how to use the space.

I've considered creating a library area, a foyer area, placing the dining room at the front of the house and using the smaller room for a large hutch or buffet to create a large entertainment area.

Note: This is NOT the furniture or paint color that will be used by us. I have a 6 ft. pine general store counter, a pine cupboard (7 ft high x 3ft wide) and also a walnut cupboard (5 ft high x three ft wide) that are all possibilities. Or not.

I am OPEN to any and all creative solutions!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Living Dining Area

Comments (8)