SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Need Your Opinions Quickly: Possible Major Purchase (Pics!)

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

I think I've finally found the ideal console for my family room. I stopped by my favorite consignment & antique shop yesterday afternoon and there it was! They're holding it for me until 6PM tonite when they close. It's from Ethan Alan and looks to be cherry or at least a cherry finish. The dimensions are perfect: it's 66" long x 29 1/2" high x 16 1/2" deep. Up until now, the one's we've found are the wrong color, too high to sit well against the sofa (which is 31" at the ends and 35" at the mid-back area) or too deep and will obstruct the walkway between the sofa and counter stools. Our present sofa table is 16" deep and this depth works well for us. Another criteria for a new console is that it has to have closed cabinets to hold cookbooks and dvd's, no open shelves to catch dust or become a hidey hole for our Tibetan Spaniel, Chloe.

OK, this first pic is of the family room. The tv lift console is a dark cherry wood:

The family room opens into the kitchen. All the cabs and the counter stools are cherry:

{{gwi:1404908}}

This is the area where the new console will go. The floor area between the sofa back and the stool backs is 4 1/2 ft.

{{!gwi}}

And this is the Ethan Alan console I'm thinking about buying:

{{!gwi}}

This next pic is showing the wood a lot lighter than it really is. You can see the wood detail, though:

{{!gwi}}

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the hardware, which looks too Traditional for my tastes. But, it's not hard to change them out. Soooooo . . .

1) do you think it'll work well with these two rooms?

2) do you think that $450 is a reasonable price for it? It's in very good condition.

Lynn

Comments (26)