SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
booper717

I really need advice!

booper717
15 years ago

On my kitchen!

We started redoing my kitchen, it's a total mess! The fridge is in the small dining room and stuff is everywhere! We've come to a hault because I can not, for the life of me decide on my counter.

We don't have a very large budget. About $1,000 or so. However, the kitchen needed done now, the wallpaper was falling off, there was mold under the wallpaper (taken care of with help from a professional) and the stick on tiles where coming off and every time I'd clean them the glue would seep out! It was a nightmare.

So here we are now. We have bought the ceramic floor tile and the backsplash. We have decided on a paint color, but I'm totally at a loss for the countertop choice.

The walls are going to be a tan/brown color, the floor tile looks like the lightest tile on the back splash (will attatch pic) the cabinets and trim of the room will be white. The fixturs brused nickel. All my asserocies are red. I had these red ones already. (plates, silverware, cups, oven mitts, garbage can etc.)

I don't have alot of counterspace. Just one row. I will attach a pic showing the three counter choices I have to make.

At first I was dead set against the first one. I though it would be too plain on the counters since everything is going to be so neutral. I'm also worried that it would show stains more becasue it's so light. However, I got some advice that it is the best out of the three because with the backsplash I shouldn't but something very "busy" on the counters. Also, I was told the white in the counter will go good w/ the cabinets being white.

The middle one is the one I orgainlly was set on until I heard it would make the area too busy. I liked the darker browns in it and thought it would add some contrast and texture to the room, but now, having thought about it, I see what ppl mean that it may be too busy with the back splash.

The third is my least favorite. I've heard that the pattern would go better with my backsplash because of the smaller scale, but there is alot of black and gray in it that can in some lights look blue, and I think with the red it may not look the best!

I'm attatching a pic of the three I'm talking about with the backsplash behind them. The paint sample is on the right of the pic.

Please give me some advice as in what to chose, I'm at a total loss!

Comments (21)