SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geokid_gw

Decorating Master BR - Does this go together?

geokid
11 years ago

I am trying to decide on how to decorate our Master Bedroom. We have lived in the house for two years and since it's the room that is rarely seen by company, we haven't done anything with it. I recently purchased bedding (Pottery Barn Embroidered Botanical) that DH and I both really like.

The room is huge - 16x16 - and we have all of our dressers in the closet so there is plenty of room for a seating area. Flooring is a tan carpet flecked with chocolate. Not my favorite, but it's new so it's staying.

The only thing in there now is our bed just on a frame with no headboard and two side tables that will be replaced. It's a blank slate. DH really would like a British Colonial feel with dark woods and natural elements. That's fine with me.

Am I going in the right direction? How do the curtains look with the bedding? The dark woods will come in with new nightstands and the bed (yet to be purchased). I've put in an example of a coffee table that we like and it represents the dark wood component.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)