SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graywings123

Need opinions on color combo for drapes

graywings123
15 years ago

Here is the background: We have 10-foot ceilings in the house, so ready-made window treatments are hard to find and very limited in color selection. I can sew, but would prefer to alter ready-mades rather than starting from scratch.

I found ready-made panels in colors that I am interested in, but of course they are too short. The fabric is nice, and the price per panel is low enough that I can piece together panels and turn them into 10 footers.

The house has a gold and red theme, but I want to bring a light blue into the bedroom. So I have come up with this idea for panels in the bedroom: about two feet of blue at the top and then gold for the lower eight feet.

However, IÂm thinking of inserting a line of red, like piping but maybe two inches wide, between the blue and gold. It would keep the red/gold theme going, and also play with the bits of red already in the room, such as a red piping on the lamp shades.

So, what do you think of this blue/red/gold color scheme? Edgy and cool - or too out there? The blue and the gold are a little more saturated than they appear here, probably due to the flash.

Comments (21)