SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Seating area for my small office; photos

caroline94535
15 years ago

I have a seating dilemma (I know; 'take a number.' LOL)

My small office is ready to be furnished. It has a 4'-wide bookcase, a 1920s mission style oak library table (functions as the computer desk), and room for a seating area. That's it.

I want a double recliner loveseat, but can't find one that DH likes.

Second choice would be one, or two (?), small recliners with my small antique oak dresser between them as an end table.

The third choice is the sofa/sleeper platform shown below.

Here's the unfinished wall that the seating area will face. You see half of the bookcase and corner where the library table will be angled. I may, or may not, add an "oriental" style area rug.

Here's the chair, Lane's "Chloe."

{{!gwi}}

Here's the sofa/sleeper...

{{!gwi}}

(Overexposed photo) This is the corner for the seating.

Which option would you choose. Chair (one or two?) or sofa.

I WANT this to be a library/computer room. I don't want a "bedroom" with the computer stuck in a corner as an afterthought. Still, I like to have company and have a place for them to sleep comfortably...which I will have in the basement. There will be the one dedicated "bedroom" and one 13x27 room divided into a sleeping area and lounge in the basement...once the old carpet is removed and everything is spiffed up.

When I have company that can't be, or don't want to be, in the basement, I have another sleeper/loveseat that can be put in the sewing room, or we can bring up the twin bed from the basement bedroom and set it in the sewing room. I've done this twice already and it seemed to work fine. It's no trouble to bring the bed up and down from the basement.

Am I being totally selfish to want an office library that is NOT a bedroom in disguise?

Comments (3)