SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

My red/beige office in progress! 3 Photos

caroline94535
15 years ago

My camera isn't the best; it's hard to capture the super-dark red and rich camel colors, but here's the progress we've made in the office.

Matt, left, and Kurt have been very busy.

The blue tape marks the studs. The plaster is made from metal mesh-reinforced concrete; regular stud finders don't work here.

They built in the right side of the closet to make the opening 60" wide. We picked up the by-pass hardware and two doors for the closet today. The black pipe against the back closet wall is part of the basement plumbing, so it has to stay. :(

This color is almost "true," although the ceiling isn't darker on the left side, the "Spool" color is richer, and the "Picnic Table" red is darker IRL.

We'll have a real light fixture, eventually, too!

Working on the fiddly, "almost 45-degree" door wall. Corner blocks won't fit here. Picture rail trim will cover the line between the red and spool paint. The entry door has now been removed and painted the same color as the crown.

I thought it would look good in the "Spool" color, but DH wanted to try the Lemon Chiffon (trim color) first. We have plenty of paint, so we can always darken it if we need to.

Again, the colors are much deeper and richer IRL; the ceiling is the same color as the upper walls. This shows the window trim; I absolutly love it.

I want to thank everyone that offered ideas and helped with the original photoshopping.

Comments (8)