SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Redecorating daughter's room. help please!

Kristen Hallock
12 years ago

My daughter is turning 6. Her birthday present this year from her us and my parents is a newly redecorated bedroom. I need to repaint it and we have new bedding and some new stuff for her walls.

I would like to paint her room a shade of blue. Right now it is very very pink. I am not sure what blue to go with though. I was thinking of BM Sweet Bluette because I saw it in Pottery Barn Kids. But am open to other blues. Any favorites?

The woodwork is white, but her furniture is a dark expresso color.

The bedding is Pottery Barn Kids Brooke

{{!gwi}}

We have a new nightstand for next to her bed and her grandmother bought her a beautiful jumbo sized butterfly mirror like this to put over the nightstand (makes more sense here since she will be able to see herself in it, her dresser is a tall one)

We also have 2 large and 1 small bird mirrors like this

I was thinking about getting some kind of tree decal for her wall. There are a ton online but I need help picking the one that will coordinate with the bedding the best. Plus help with a great paint color. Preferably a shade of blue.

I'll update this later with a current picture of the bedroom so you can get an idea of what we're working with. I am also in dire need of window coverings. She has old drab leftover curtains in there now with plastic blinds. But I would like to get rid of both and either just put in like Honeycomb white shades or also have some kind of curtains on top of those.

Her bed is just like this. Oh, and we got her a canpoy to put above her bed, one of those tulle things that hangs from the ceiling.

{{!gwi}}

The floors are carpeted, a white carpet with speckles.

Thanks!

Comments (33)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm