SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sprice5105

pics of finished house

sprice5105
15 years ago

I just wanted to post a few (a lot really!) pictures of our finished house (mostly finished, we still need new bedroom furniture and a few pieces here and there)

The colors are all from Sherwin Williams, Blonde, Restrained Gold, Taupe Tone and Clary Sage.

{{gwi:1504332}}

{{gwi:1504333}}

{{gwi:1504334}}

{{gwi:1504335}}

{{gwi:1504336}}

{{gwi:1504339}}

{{gwi:1504340}}

{{gwi:1504342}}

{{gwi:1504344}}

{{gwi:1504346}}

{{gwi:1504347}}

{{gwi:1504349}}

{{gwi:1504351}}

{{gwi:1504352}}

{{gwi:1504353}}

Comments (70)

• Bethpen
    15 years ago

What a lovely home you have! I especially love the wood counters, they are just gorgeous. You have a good eye for color too, it looks fab.
    Beth

• newdawn1895
    15 years ago

I love the colors in your home, it looks so pristine. I love love love that sink in your blue bathroom.
    Also, your french doors are lovely. They look very old, are they?

....Jane

• Related Discussions

Finished Bathroom Pics (two bathrooms!)--very pic heavy

Q

Comments (41)
    Wooo!!! Cat, I am stuck at home because of the snow storm so wandered around here not looking at anything in particular and came upon your thread. I totally agree with you on the shower curtain choice. Regardless of whether I have the money to spare or not, keeping those suckers clean is a nuisance over time. We have a glass shower door that was installed back in 2003 and I can't tell you how much I hate cleaning it. Not that the door is all that dirty, but a shower curtain is way easier, and you can change the look/style whenever you feel like it. Can't do that with a pricey shower door. Anyway, everything looks lovely as usual, including the "prom" dress :-) Love, love those circular tiles, and the floor tiles that look like fabric. Gorgeous. What colour is that again? It looks greyish on my monitor.
    ...See More

House is Finished - Pics on Blog

Q

Comments (6)
    OH wow!! Very nice, congratulations! I can't wait until the day I can post the same. But since I can't even get my husband to say yes to a plan........ I will get what I want I am sure, but I want him to at least think he has a part in this :-P I made it as far as dressed and on my way to meet with a drafter, and made the mistake of calling him on the way, and he wanted to talk about it some more..... that was 2 days ago. We have YET to talk about it more.......... So frustrating. But I know his work is hectic, so I will give him a few more days. Okay, sorry this is your post about your Beautiful New Home!! Congratulations again. I know you must be so thrilled :-)
    ...See More

Pics of our finished house

Q

Comments (23)
    swhite - Thanks! I know what you mean about the visualizing thing. The island top measures 42" x 89". 10 1/2" of that length is overhang for the barstools which some would say is not enough, but it's been plenty for us. Our fridge is a full size KitchenAid. Like you I didn't want to give up space for a CD model. We made it look built in by making the countertop deeper in between the fridge and ovens. I love having the extra deep countertop there for rolling out dough, baking cookies, etc. Our trim carpenter made a trim piece around the fridge opening to make it "look" like a snug fit, but there's really plenty of room inside. Hope that makes sense.:-)
    ...See More

Before pic, inspiration pic, house pic, & door styles

Q

Comments (23)
    Looks like it's going to be very homey! I feel a little bad when I think of the condition our house has been in while our kids were growing up. Now that our daughter is a senior in HS, we're finally getting to the kitchen. When she comes home from college it'll be to a nicer house than she ever lived in. But spending time with them was always the priority, so a lot of good family memories were in the spare, unfinished house! A little OT, but something about your pictures brought up that bittersweet thought.
    ...See More
  • neesie
    15 years ago

The porch is adorable, and I really, really, really love your bedroom. Is that the new blanco silgranit sink with the low divider and draining basket? Look so nice! Your kitchen has great personality. It's so nice to see a new home that isn't all garage door in the front.

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Thank you for sharing more pics with your beautiful Brazilian Cherry Floors! I love your home and your taste.

• 2ajsmama
    15 years ago

Could you post a closeup of your front porch? I started building a stone wall under/up to my pressure treated deck frame (Trex decking) but don't really know what to do on the front steps. Right now I have open risers. I'd love to see how yours were done. You have a beautiful house! What color green is your master bedroom? Interesting picture in the other bedroom - does the mat match the wall color exactly, or does the frame have a clear border to let the wall show through?

• sprice5105
    Original Author
    15 years ago

newhomebuilder - I am practically your neighbor down here in Knoxville. Are they getting ready for the Storytelling festival up there? What a cute little town you live in!

Yes, that is a ventless but I can't tell you how it works yet. We don't have the gas hooked up yet. They are coming Monday. Just in time for the cool nights!

Flyingflower - I got that painting from ebay along with a painting of a red fox that is on the opposite wall. They were each less than $100 framed, shipped and all!

Patricia - that is a great idea on the comforter. I have such a fetish for bedding I have another one I am going to use for fall/winter in there but I also have a matelasse that would be great to use as you suggested for the "transitional" time!

Thank you all again for your nice comments! This is such a great BB to be on, everyone is so nice and supportive.

• sueb__07
    15 years ago

I have been a lurker for a long time but had to post a message about your house. Beautiful!! LOVE the wood countertop in your kitchen! Plus I notices so many wonderful Southern Living products.

• dixiedo
    15 years ago

Beautiful home, so very welcoming!! And I also noticed all the SLAH pieces... are you a consultant or are you just a reeaaalllly good customer?? LOL!

Great job!

• sprice5105
    Original Author
    15 years ago

dixiedo - I am a SLAH consultant. Gosh, I couldn't afford to be that good of a customer! That is why I became a consultant.

As far as the picture over the guest room bed: That is actually a mat. I couldn't believe I found a mat that matched so well. I had the print for 6 or 7 years and never had a place for it. It looks like it was just waiting for the perfect spot!

ajsmom - here are a few better pictures of the front porch.

{{gwi:1504328}}

{{gwi:1504329}}

{{gwi:1504330}}

{{gwi:1504331}}

• jlc712
    15 years ago

Your house is beautiful, inside and out. Great paint choices. I love the nice details and moldings- the feel of the great parts of an old house in a new house.
    I'm another fan of the wood countertops and the screened porch too.
    Congratulations!
    Jen

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Everything is so lovely. I'm going back to take a closer look at the details.

*I did notice that we have the same bar stools. I have the matching chairs in the breakfast room only in red.

• anotherlinda
    15 years ago

Your house is so lovely - love the cabinet color, the walls, the floors, the layout, everything. May you enjoy many happy years in your beautiful home.

I'd spend many relaxing hours in the screened patio - heaven! :)

Linda

• texashottie
    15 years ago

Fresh, clean, and inviting!! You made very tasteful selections in your home and I hope you enjoy it for many, many years. Thank you for sharing it with us--what a treat!!

• kareen
    15 years ago

You have done a beautiful job on your home. I love too many things to list. Can you tell me the wall color in the bedroom that is white and mocha? Thanks. Kareen

• User
    15 years ago

Congratulations on your beautiful new home. It's evident that you did a lot of homework to get such a nice coordinated look throughout. So many details....Hope you can now take time to enjoy everything!

• deborahnj
    15 years ago

What a wonderful and gorgeous house, both inside and out. I absolutely love it, warm and inviting. Great job!!

• tinam61
    15 years ago

Sprice! You are in Knoxville? I work at the University!!! We live up close to Sevierville.

Your home is beautiful - I love the color (in and out) and I'm also a fan of your countertops. What kind of wood are they?

tina

• texanjana
    15 years ago

Very beautiful! I would live on that screened porch!

Jana

• Lyban zone 4
    15 years ago

You have a beautiful home , very warm and inviting. I really like the color on the outside and love your front steps and entrance way.

• lisa_mocha
    15 years ago

Love, love, love your home!!
    It's beautiful in & out...you must be so pleased!

Enjoy your wonderful home:)
    Lisa

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Sprice5105, how long have the beautiful Brazilian Cherry floors been installed in your home since I just love their color just the way they are now. I keep going back and forth between Brazilian Cherry Floors and Amendoim hardwood floors. I wish a few neighbors locally would have these floors in their home so I could visit both homes and see which I like best. It is so difficult to tell from my monitor that seems to make floors have more of a reddish cast to them I am finding out. I just love the reddish coloring of the cherry boards that seems so rich and beautiful. My only fear is that they will get so dark but so far having samples in direct sunlight only made the wood richer and more beautiful. What gloss is on the floors since I like the finish a lot. Are they easy to take care of?

• tfm1134
    15 years ago

Beautiful home! Congratulations you did a fabulous job

• 2ajsmama
    15 years ago

Thanks - looks like they actually built your steps out of stone, then topped with slate. Is that a slate porch?? Beautiful! I love your house - please come decorate mine! I am tired of living in place that's half finished, almost all furnished (we keep playing musical chairs, tables, etc. as we paint/finish rooms), and not decorated at all!

• robynpa
    15 years ago

Just lovely and so inviting! I esp. love the counter tops!!

• littledog
    15 years ago

What a nice place! Thank you for the tour. :^)

• threedgrad
    15 years ago

Great house! What state are you in?

• Sujafr
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing your white color. I've found SW Creamy and will have to give that a test. Your trim molding looks so crisp in your home. The stone work around your porch stairway looks very attractive, too! Hope you and your family have many fun-filled days there.

• squirrelheaven
    15 years ago

Very pretty! How lucky you are. Esp now that I read that's not enviable water but actually a riding arena! You are living my dream : )

Love your furnishings and paint colors, too. Please let us know which rooms are what colors. Glad to hear you are loving your wood tops. I'm planning on them too. What type of finish or oil did you do?

Enjoy! So much fun ahead : )

• User
    15 years ago

I love your house! Like others have said, it looks so welcoming. I love all the little things you have tucked here & there and your ultra cool pantry door.

• rdsso
    15 years ago

Love your house and I also admired your pic over the fireplace. I also noticed the swan on the china hutch can you tell me where you got that. Everything is just beautiful in your new home - enjoy!!!

• susan209
    15 years ago

I am impressed with all you have done, it's just a wonderful home in a beautiful setting. I just know that you will have many happy years living and growing there. Each room I could find something that I adored, your furnishings are so pretty. You and everyone have done a great job. Thanks so much for all the pics you've been keeping us up to date on, it's so fun to see things all come together.

• sprice5105
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am so excited to hear all the nice responses about our house. Like I said, we are thrilled with it but we are a little biased, so it is nice to have confirmation from impartial people.

Let me try to answer all the questions you have asked.

Specific room colors are:
    Great Room/kitchen - SW Blonde
    Dining Room/Office - SW Restrained Gold (really in my house these two are so close it is hard to tell the difference)
    Guest Room - SW Taupe Tone (this color turned out so nice, I wish I had used it more places!)
    Master bed/bath - SW Clary Sage
    Guest Bath - BM Yarmouth Blue but mixed at SW
    All trim and cabinets - SW Creamy
    Exterior - custom mixed

The counter tops are cherry that I ordered from Lumber Liquidators. I got all the counter material for just over $1000.00 - the same as laminate would have been and several thousand less than granite. My cabinet maker installed them and routed the edge (it comes with a square edge) for no charge. So far, I have sealed them with mineral oil. It really brings the rich variations in the wood out. I plan to use the Waterlox satin sealer on them when I have some vacation time. So far, we have been very happy with them.

The floors are by Shaw. They are the 5" plank, engineered wood. I got them for a local flooring store a year before we even started to build because they were such a good deal. The finish is matte/satin. They have been down since July and have darkened a little but not the dramatic difference I was afraid they might get. They now have a rich variation in tone but have not gotten just really dark, dark red. Other than tracking rock dust on them from outside they have been very easy to take care of.

On the front porch, the steps are capped off with flagstone but the actual porch is just concrete.

And the swan on the china cabinet I got from a little gift shop here in town (Knoxville, TN).

Whew! I think that is everything. Let me know if I forgot to answer your question.

• 2ajsmama
    15 years ago

You did such a great job! I love your house - I wish mine looked that nice! I got solid prefinished Bellawood BC from LL 2 weeks ago for my DR. I didn't know they sold butcher block. Wouldn't have worked for my kitchen - I have oak cabinets and pine trim, everything would have just been yellow/brown (with Navajo White walls!). I paid $1500 for a 5'x2' counter and a 9'x4' (at widest point - middle 5' is only 18") laminate counter with angled ends for my island. Half of that was installation!

Word of caution - if you've used mineral oil on the counters, you'll have to remove it before putting on the Waterlox varnish. Only thing is, since it has penetrated the wood, I'm not sure how you can remove enough of it to get the varnish to stick. Hope you (custom?) cabinetmaker would know. You might just have to keep oiling them. Good luck.

• jynxed23
    15 years ago

Congratulations on your new home. I love your front door and the interior is so charming. I like your FR with the white sectional.

Can I ask where you got your DR and FR rugs from? I have a similar wall color called BM Chestertown Buff and have not been able to find a suitable color rug. I like the raspberry color of your rugs with the green in it.

Thanks so much for sharing!

• jrmom
    15 years ago

What a beautiful house, I could look at the pictures all day long!

• ttodd
    15 years ago

So warm & inviting! I can definitely see the difference between the Blonde & RG but I know what you mean. The taupe Tone is very pretty.

• valzone5
    15 years ago

Very warm home. Love your kitchen countertops. Enjoy!

• zipdee
    15 years ago

What a wonderful and inviting home inside and out, you've done a fanstatic job! I especially love your exterior color, it looks great on your home!

• gracie-2006
    15 years ago

Your home is beautiful! Very inviting! I love your countertops also! Now one more question for you- what style of faucet do you have and do you like it? I almost ordered one like that when we did our remodel. I have one similar but I still love the one you have!

• sprice5105
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The rug in the family room came is a Pottery Barn rug but I got it from ebay and I ordered the DR rug a long time ago from someplace on the internet but don't remember where. The one from Pottery Barn I think is called the Franklin rug and is still in their catalogs.

The faucet in the kitchen is by Danze and is the Opulence collection I think. Yes, I love it. It is very well made.

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Thank you Sprice for letting me know that the floors are by Shaw and that they are the 5" plank, engineered wood. I have to have engineered wood also so now I am going to decide between Shaw and BR-111 and between 3.25" versus 5" planks. Thanks again for letting me know since I just love the color and think they look great! Thanks for letting me know that the finish is matte/satin and that they have only darkened a little bit and are easy to take care of. This is what happened to the samples I put outside in direct sunlight of Brazilian Cherry. They darkened only a little bit with more of a rich color like you said, "They now have a rich variation in tone but have not gotten just really dark, dark red. Other than tracking rock dust on them from outside they have been very easy to take care of."

Your home is beautiful and thank you for sharing with all of us.

• ideamom
    15 years ago

Very pretty!! I have a question for you. Wondering if your butcher block counters are cheaper than granite? We are in the process of redoing our kitchen cabinets & planned on granite counters but since the economy is so bad we are not wanting to sprend the money on granite & looking for cheaper options & though this butcher block just might be what we are looking for. Please let me know.

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Bumping up the thread so Sprice5105 can see Ideamom's question. I know I love the butcher block cherry counters and feel they are perfect in the kitchen with the floors and the creamy white cabinets.

• mpwdmom
    15 years ago

It's gorgeous...and I love your SLAH accessories. I have a few of them too. :)

Susan

• User
    15 years ago

Your home is really lovely. Just wanted to post this so that you would know that you can use Waterlox. Go to their site and read how to apply and prep etc. I have used it on my teak countertops and it is a wonderful product and very easy to use. Here is a direct quote from their site:

Finishing Instructions
    Preparation: Sand the surface with 100 or 150 grit sandpaper. If the surface was previously finished with mineral or vegetable oil, wipe it down with mineral spirits or lacquer thinner and scuff sand.

Hope this helps. I use very high grit sandpaper...like 240. Caroline

• 2ajsmama
    15 years ago

Actually to scuff sand you want to use the 100 or 150. Use 220 between coats. Don't forget the step about wiping down with mineral spirits (paint thinner) first, and keep wiping with clan cloth til it's clean, not gummy. This may take a while, you may need to use more paint thinner, depending on how much/how recently you had used oil. Put the Waterlox on in thin coats and build it up, thick coats won't dry as well and will look hazy. HTH

• sprice5105
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ideamom - yes, the butcher block from Lumber Liquidators is WAY cheaper than granite. We were also going to use granite but I was worried about being over budget so I chenged to these and I am so glad I did!!! I really think they give the kitchen a "warm" look. I got my counters for just around $1,000 (the same price laminate would have been) whereas the granite I was going to use would have been about $5000.

Trailrunner - thanks for that info!!! I know what I will be doing on vacation next week!

• julie92
    15 years ago

Sprice, even before I saw where you lived I noticed the red clay in the back yard so I knew you were in the Southeast. I am in SC and I am also a SLAH junkie. Your home is gorgeous! The colors are so warm and inviting. It looks like a Don Gardner plan. Mine is about 10 yrs old now and I am going through remodeling. We should have a get together of all the GW's in the southern states. I can get to Pigeon Forge in 3 hrs. Anyone else interested?

• tameubank
    15 years ago

Lovely home. I love the candlesticks you have in the breakfast area. Would you mind telling me where you got those. Also the wire tray on the table. thanks

• bichonluver3
    15 years ago

What can I say that others haven't already said? So I will just say WOW!!!!!! May you know only happy, healthy and prosperous times in your new home.
    Would you tell me where you found your breakfast nook table and chairs? What diameter is the table? Something like this would be perfect in our reno.