SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Want to help pick interior door knobs? Mixy pickle!

jterrilynn
9 years ago

I'll try to set the scene. My house was built in 83' but is very 70's in a lot of ways...except this is Florida so it's a mixy. I have brass, stainless, Chrome and bronze finishes throughout. The bronze is in very small doses. Right now all the doors have cheap brass look knobs. I CANNOT do lever handles because my Rottweiler can easily open those and it freaks guests out to find him sitting next to the bed staring at them.

The pickle I'm in is that this is all open plan, two side doors on one end and six doors going into guest bathroom and bedrooms at the other end. One door set is double doors that go into the remodeled master and master bath with yet another door leading to M- bathroom. The master bedroom part will have some brass but the master bath is all chrome so I'm not sure how to graduate into that area. I would prefer all house interior knobs be the same. The knobs all need to be privacy sorts that will lock.

I'm not sure what will work in this contemporary /vintage with a tiny pinch of rustic. I wish there were a metal finish that was in between a brass and stainless look but I have found nothing. Somehow I'm not seeing bronze either. I found a honey comb style I like that was brass that gave the illusion of a two toned metal but it had no lock. All the doors are painted except master doubles that are stained.

Your thoughts!?

Dress me please!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!