SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frank1203

I Want My Computer in My Master Bedroom, But..

frank1203
16 years ago

Hi, I am in the process of remodeling my master bedroom and adjoining master bathroom. Thanks to your input, we took care of the master bath questions last week and this week I want to get your opinions on the bedroom.

Here's what I'm thinking so far.. The room is about 26 feet long by about 14 feet wide. I have two large reach-in closets in my MBR and I plan on reorganizing one of them with a closet designer (can't afford to do both). I plan on getting new furniture for the room, and I'm thinking that since one of the closets will now have extra drawers and shelves, etc. in it, I probably will only need to buy a dresser with a mirror and won't need a separate chest/armoire in the room. Of course, I would buy night tables and a king size bed as well that all match.

You're probably thinking that the room is big enough to hold two large pieces of furniture along with the bed, right? Well, now here's the dilemna.. Currently there is a large desk with a computer in the room set up caty-corner. It is an eye sore! Most people tell me to get the computer out of the room totally and put it somewhere else in the house and maybe use that area to hang a 37-40" LCD TV and buy a recliner. Problem is that I like the computer and desk in the room, but do realize that its out of place from a decorating perspective.

So, I would love any suggestions that you might have. I am wondering if maybe there is some furniture out there that will match the bedroom set and house the computer in a discrete way. I'm not sure and would appreciate any thoughts that you might have. Thanks as always!

Comments (19)