SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_129235

Creative Counter Top Storage - Fruit/veggies/bread

Boopadaboo
13 years ago

I am trying to organize my life. This is not an easy task for this disorganized person.

We have a ton of fruit, onions, potatoes, yams, and bread on the counters. I have a large black wire iron type basket that is really meant for a bathroom I think (for storing shampoo, condintioner, etc) on the counter, but it is leaving marks and it is heavy to move and clean around.

On the other side of the sink I have baskets with wash cloths (thanks to golddust - I don't know how I ever lived without them) vitamins, and sippy cups. I ordered this to mount to the backsplash

to store all cloths, vitamins etc. I think it will work out great and you will still be able to access the plugs. We do not have any fancy backplash, just a bit that comes up from the counter and then drywall.

I think it will go really well with my kitchen which has dark brown cabinets and I now have baskets of all kinds on top of my cabinets. I like that the canvas parts are washable and will sort of match my counters...

I am thinking I would like to put this all around the backsplash to store the potatoes, onions,bread and fruit. I am wondering if that will work for fruit though. WIll it go bad faster? Will DH eat it? (I think there is some out of sight out of mind thing that goes on.)

Do you think this will look odd? Should I try black iron baskets mounted to the backsplash area? I have been looking for them too.

I was thinking I could use this magazine rack for fruit but I have not measure yet...

This does not seem like it would hold much, but I could hang the wash clothes to dry on the pegs....

What do y'all use to store all the fruit? We seem to go through so much of it since switching primarily to a whole foods diet. DH and I were laughing the other day. All I can remember growing up was a tiny bowl with like 2 apples and a banana in it. I don't remember ever seeing anyone eat it though.

Comments (20)