SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheri127_gw

Multiple counter depths...would it look odd?

cheri127
15 years ago

I am having a very hard time finding a sink I like that will fit in my design. The sink sits in front of a bump out wall that protrudes 7.5" (it can't be removed). I don't want to bump the sink out that far but I could make the counters on that leg of the L deeper so no bump out is needed (downside is I lose 7" storage valuable storage space). This option comes with an additional advantage- having the peninsula seating stick out less into the dining room. However, I don't want to pull out the counters on the other leg of the L to match. Would it look odd to have 30" counters on one leg and 24" counters on the other?

Another option is to bump out the whole wall. I'd still lose the 7" storage but I'd have 24" counters on both legs of the L and a deep window sill to get creative with...maybe put an in-counter knife rack in there or it could be a good place to perch a cookbook.

Or I could go back to my original design and just pull the counters out from the sink to the end of the peninsula.

This is the LAST decision that needs to be made and I don't want to make a mistake. Any ideas? TIA.

Comments (9)