SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkpita

Help for Very Large Foyer Window Treatment

jkpita
15 years ago

Hi,

We have moved into a new home recently ( new to us, that is) and I have a window dilemma. The foyer is 2 story and has a large, square window ( 67"x67" inside measurement). It is east facing and we get a lot of sun in the morning. I am concerned about fading of my furniture and the fading of a large picture that I would like to hang in the entryway.

The house is 20 years old and there was not one blind the entire house. I have a small budget and have purchased blinds for all the windows but this one. Because it is so high, a motorized treatment would be ideal. But that makes it too costly- about $800 to $1000 for a Silhouette-type of shade with motorization. I love the look of Silhouettes and the ability to control light as well as see though them when needed. My budget will only allow $400-$500 for this window, and I really hope I don't have to spend that much!

I would like to be able to open and close the treatment as needed. Does anyone have experience with a large window like this, and how have you covered it? If I don't go with a motorized shade, what are my options?

I don't want a fabric treatment ( like a curtain or vertical panel), but prefer something sheer.

FYI, I did have a lady from JC Penney custom come out, but she thought I needed something motorized.

Would appreciate any and all suggestions, links, and/or pictures.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County