SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suz1023

help w/ redecorating the master bdrm from scratch

Susan
15 years ago

i'm going to start over. my long awaited white brick corner fireplace is getting closer to reality and i want my room to finally feel finished. i need a new color scheme,and some new furniture,and would love some help finding the right look. here are the basics,,for starters.

room is 13x23,with three walls of windows,which face north,east and south. white painted brick fireplace will take up one corner,the bed is a natural vine canopy bed in the opposite corner. i love the primitive and romantic feel of the bed and that stays. also i'd like my dark walnut framed floor mirror to stay. i need dressers or built-ins for clothes and a cabinet which will store dining stuff,since we eat in our room very frequently.

i have a walnut dropleaf table which is postitioned at the foot of the bed where we sit and eat while watching the tv,which is on the corner with the fireplace.

floor is medium honey colored cork planks,which we love. i'd love to keep the bed and mirror and fireplace the focal points and have the clothes storage blend into the walls more,,so i think maybe painted dressers or built-ins? not shabby chic painted,,more elegant since i like the juxtaposition of vine bed and elegance,if that makes sense. also,,it has to work well with the white brick fireplace with wood mantle.

color--i would like to have a feminine room,with pinks,golds and creams and green.

any suggestions for that palette if possible.thanks,,this is going to be fun! and of course i'm on a wicked budget,,the big cost will be the dressers and or built-ins. i'm hoping unfinished furniture will be the answer.

Comments (2)