SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slvrdlphn8_gw

Galley layout help - start from scratch!

slvrdlphn8
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hey All,

I am gutting my narrow galley kitchen and starting from scratch. Anyone want to help design it? This isn't our final kitchen. It will be in place for 5ish years until we expand the house and get the open kitchen we want. The appliances and sink can be put anywhere, but the doors and windows have to stay (or really should).

- We want a dishwasher, place for trashcans.

-Not sure where to put the microwave (we barely use it, but need it)

-I like the idea of no uppers, on one side cause it opens the place up. I have already cleared out the kitchen and using less cabinets to assure we can live with the minimalness of it, and we can.

- The pantry/cleaning cabinet butts up right to the door with 24" (I dont know why it says 23 7/8, the ikea layout says 2' until print view) ..not sure how else to do it? I didn't want to put low cabinets because the counter will stick out past 24" and will be even tighter.

- out current oven is this old vintage one very similar to this. I'd rather keep it running for another 5 years and then by the stove we really want.

- getting new fridge, prefer counter depth. current on is about 10 cubic feet that are used in tiny apartments.

Here is a layout I was thinking of. I don't mind the sink not being at the window. One, I couldn't figure out how to do it, and two, now I can see whats going on in the living room due to door placement.

- i know the dishwasher and oven doors would clash. I never plan on having them open at the same time. issue?

Here is the current kitchen, the horror!

Entry to the kitchen (to see door can't be moved)

Thanks for your help, I am open to anything!

Comments (49)