SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Brick Flooring .... Anyone Have It? Photos of Real life Rooms?

User
10 years ago

We are redoing our basement, finally, taking down some walls and jack hammering up some of the ugliest tile on the planet, pulling up yucky carpet and plain Jane bathroom tile to replace all with brick. I have always loved brick floors, and we're going with it even though its cold--- we are putting radiant heat underneath for warmth. The problem is that I can't find the right color of thin brick interior 1/2" or 5/8" pavers. The exterior of the house is Virginia wood mold brick, mostly, and I want something different for the downstairs floor---a sea of reddish bricks will be just too much. I'm not finding a lot of variety in these thin bricks for flooring, though. Lots of choices for wall applications in thicknesses not rated to walk on. I like the old Chicago style and color of brick and was hoping to find someone here with that color brick floor. Would also like pix of any and all your brick floors. Have already been on houzz and other sites, I'm looking more for the real thin, iykwim. Thanks in advance...

Comments (18)