SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Family Room Progress - Rug and Bookcase Options

Valerie Noronha
15 years ago

Squirrel has been helping me with some visuals. We've narrowed down to two rugs we are considering:

Karastan Empress Kirman

{{!gwi}}

Karastan Empress Kirman Black

{{!gwi}}

I can purchase a small rug at Macys to test the colors before placing an order. Macys bottom line price is $1547 if I order this Sat. for an 8.8x10.6. Anyone know of any online stores I can price shop?

Regarding the bookcase, DH did not feel comfortable ordering through Home Decorators so that ruled out several we were considering. I checked out the Macys ones as well as what I could do through Town Square where I bought my entertainment console. The console is made by a company called Stuart David and they do semi-custom work so there are many options there--for the price.

I've narrowed it down to the Macy's bookcase or Stuart David:

Macy's bookcase: sliding doors, bottom drawers, fixed shelves at 13'H top 11"H middle and 12-3/4"H bottom. Cost $999 plus 10% if I order on Sat. I think I could fit most all my books and photo albums in here, though some may need to be angled in as there is an extra 2-1/2" on the top shelf under the door frame. It is in above visual, but here are some closeups along side a sample drawer from my kitchen which is a pretty close match to my ent. console.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here is the other Macy's bookcase. I have ruled out due to a distressed finish as it does not coordinate with existing look:

{{!gwi}}

Stuart David: I can match the style/moldings/wood of what I have now or just the style/moldings and do different wood. More to the point, they not only have adjustable shelves, but would build a double bookcase with a center support so shelves could be adjusted differently on the left and right side. They don't do sliding doors or bottom drawers though so would have 2 24" (or thereabouts) glass doors which swing out--not as nice. Cost is $1419 (ouch!) though could probably get them to give us maybe 10% off that.

It would be along the lines of the following, but a glass door bookcase 48"W x 60"H in finish of my choice and moldings matching my existing console:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Is this custom option worth $400 more?

With this option I was considering three different finishes: matching the ent. console (Maple Meadow), black (more $$), combo Maple top, black body (more $$) or Sable.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (27)