SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz

Need suggestions for backspash

We've been in our "new" home almost four years now and I'm finally getting around to thinking about the kitchen back-splash and need suggestions. (Long story short, the reason we're just now getting around to backs-plash is that we wound up having to fire our builder and complete the home ourselves. Builder managed to steal so much money from us that we had to postpone some of the finishing touches.)

Anyway, I had a tile picked out four years ago that came very very very close to being a perfect match my main paint color but apparently it is no longer being made. And now I'm having a hard time finding anything that seems to go with the other elements in my kitchen.

Kitchen courtertops are Silestone: color Amarillo Palmira. Cabinets are clear-coated natural mahogany. Walls are painted with SW Frangipane (in real life, a soft warm peachy color although the pics below don't do it justice). The back side of the pony wall between kitchen and breakfast nook is SW Spicy Hue (which in real life varies between looking a deep rusty color and a very slightly orangy maroon depending on the light.) Floors are a beige tile that picks up the peachy tones of the frangipane wall. Appliances are black and I have ORB plumbing, lighting, and cabinet knobs. Here are a couple of pics of the kitchen to give the overall impression.

And, this is a closeup of the silestone countertop. Since the backsplash will be right up against this, the two simply cannot clash!

Between the natural grain patterns and color variations of my cabinets and the silestone, plus my paint, stained glass pendants, etc. I think I already have enough "busyness" going on here. So I'm thinking I need to go with something pretty simple for the backsplash tile...probably a solid color. Do y'all agree or disagree? Anyway, everything I can find seems to be either way too pink or way too yellow or has an underlying cool tone that clashes badly with the very warm tones of my kitchen.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions for backsplash tile would be most appreciated. (I want to at least tile the area directly behind the stove and the 6 inches or so above the countertop along the ponywall. The spot directly behind the sink is starting to look aweful! Not as sure about tiling all the way around. I really really like the frangipane paint and how it lightens up the kitchen. Would hate to completely cover it.

Comments (14)