SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reno_fan

Hi guys. Remember me? A few updates with pics :)

reno_fan
13 years ago

((((Waving to everyone I remember from when I was more active here))))

What a year. Divorced, moved from Oklahoma to my "home" state of Colorado, bought a little fixer-upper bank-owned place and started a new job on my own. It's been a tough year, but amazing.

Working full time has *greatly* slowed my normally super-fast progress on the remodeling, but I have made some progress and thought I'd share a few progress pics.

This was my living room before. I wish I could've captured the smell, which was toe-curling. Bleh.

And after. Ripped out the carpet, scraped the popcorn ceilings, and retextured all the walls. Also added wood beams and an archway into the kitchen.

Here's another living room before shot. Loved the "Institutional Green" walls....

And after:

Here's the Master bed before. Again, the pic doesn't capture the intense odor. Bleh.

And after. Just scraped ceilings, retextured walls, added pine floors and a rug, etc.

And for those of you who know/remember me, kitchens are my favorite. I'm about 90% done.

Here is the before:

And the table I found at a thrift store to use as my island top:

and here is the 90% finished after:

From a little further back:

The whole kitchen was gutted down to the subfloor, and is under 5k. I found most of the appliances on Craigslist, bought most of the cabinets (including the wood hood) at the Habitat for Humanity re-store, and did all the labor except for re-wiring the lighting and running electrical to the island. I still have to paint the cabinets above the sink the same color as the island and do some additional trim work, but you get the idea.

And here is a little "personal" update, and my favorite "accessory" of all. :)

Comments (74)