SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlnick_gw

Window Treatment Opinions

jlnick
10 years ago

I want to get drapery for my family room windows. The problem is, all three windows are the same size, but the outer ones have only a very narrow expanse of wall before the corner. The left window has an adjacent wall (with our TV on it, not shown in photo), where the right one has an opening to the kitchen area.

At first I thought I'd do 6 panels, with the middle window having wider panels than the outer ones since it is on a bigger wall. But now I'm considering doing one panel between window 1 and 2, and one between window 2 and 3 - for a total of 4 panels. In that option, no wall would show between the panels, as it would with the 6 panels.

My question is, which option do you prefer? Also, will it look strange to have narrow panels on the outsides with wide panels on the inside window? Would the 4 panel option make this more pronounced since the inside panels would be way wider than the outside? The panels don't need to be functional as we have sheer shades installed to provide privacy/light control (retracted in the photo).

My style is contemporary and I'll probably go with grommet drapery with a small scale geometrical pattern, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for any opinions or thoughts!

Comments (6)