SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
segbrown_gw

Anyone want to help my rearrange my living room?

segbrown
10 years ago

Hi! We remodeled extensively the main level of our house a few years ago, but didn't buy new furniture-- just appropriated things from around the house. For the most part it has worked out quite well, but there are a few inconveniences, and I might be ready to ... do something.

Sorry, some of the photos aren't so good. But hopefully you can get a sense of the room.

I guess the thing is that I haven't figured out the best way to place furniture to orient to the fireplace/conversation AND to watch tv comfortably. The loveseat is the best place to watch, but we end up sitting sideways on it, of course. And only one person can use it at a time. (In hindsight, we probably should have put the tv on the other side of the fireplace, but it's all mounted and wired and whatnot, too big a deal to move. We have a better tv watching set-up in the basement.)

Loveseat should be closer to coffee table thing, but it keeps getting pushed back for tv watching. Maybe an upholstered swivel chair or two where the loveseat is?

THen, the dog likes "his" sofa, which we usually have a quilt over, but then we don't end up sitting there if the quilt is there. I think we need a bigger sofa to accommodate dog and human, and definitely different upholstery. Sofa is 20 years old, in still great shape except the upholstery is getting a little beat up, and it's just a bit too light. We would consider reupholstering, except something a little tiny bit bigger might be good. I don't think I want leather. I might try to match the kitchen island, sort of a taupe, not too dark but something that a slightly muddy paw wouldn't ruin.

I think I would like to move the red chair up to our bedroom; it is also extremely comfortable and in great shape, and I kinda dig the faded cotton on it, after 20 years.

Anyway, any bright ideas? What stands out? What am I not seeing?

view from front door

Comments (29)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH