SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nostalgicfarm

Needing Inspiration Pics/Ideas!

nostalgicfarm
12 years ago

My mom is giving me a small (nighstand sized) cabinet that is really charming. I have an alcove area in my kitchen by the back door about 5 1/2 feet wide and anywhere from 8 inches to 2 feet deep of useable space. She doesn't want me to put plants on this table, so I would love to do a very narrow sideboard or table to put some "decorative" but real plants like parsley. I am also thinking a real but not too tall tree/plant. I am thinking a Pottery Barn look where it is more streamlined than cluttered, but still substantial enough for the area. The dining room is about 22 *10, and this area is at the back door, so just the small table she is giving up wouldn't look right. I am having a hard time finding any inspiration pictures that show a combination of tables/sideboards. Also, I am not committed to a sideboard, just thinking of what could a row of very narrow pots for herbs. There is a large picture window in this alcove (and a 3 panel windowed door on the other wall), so I can't do anything like a hutch :) Thanks in advance, I know I will have this all figured out with your help!

Comments (3)