SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
treasuretheday

Shower curtain & color help needed for zen-inspired bath (PICS)

treasuretheday
11 years ago

We're renovating our teenage son's/guest bathroom which has an alcove tub/shower combo. We're putting in a curved double shower rod over the 6' tub to maximize space since it will primarily be used for showering. We'll need a shower curtain that is wider than the standard 72" so I've been searching online for 84" fabric shower curtains. I've been really disappointed with how little is out there in this size. Most of them are plain white which I am hoping to avoid because we've chosen to go with a biscuit colored tub, toilet and sinks.

Do you know of any online sources with a great selection of extra wide shower curtains?

Since I'm using a double rod and will have a separate liner, could I use regular curtains? If so, what fabric & style would you suggest?

I'm going for a neutral zen-like feel in a soft-contemporary/transitional style. These are the materials that we've chosen...

The focal point of the room will be stacked slate on the vanity wall with two back-lit mirrors and three hanging pendant lights. The porcelain floor and wall tile are the same neutral color and there will be a 6" stripe of the glass/stone mosiac on the shower walls. The small square sample in the grouping is the quartz countertop material which will go on an 85" long double vanity with an espresso finish.

Close up of the Quantra Paramo quartz:

I don't want the shower curtain to make a statement but anything that large is going to be noticed so it has to compliment my other materials.

A few inspiration photos from Houzz...

Contemporary Bathroom design by Vancouver Kitchen And Bath Old World Kitchens & Custom Cabinets

Contemporary Bathroom design by Milwaukee Design-build Architectural Homes by Anders Inc

Modern Bathroom design by Detroit Interior Designer Wilson Concepts & Design, Inc.

What would you do?

Any suggestions on wall color and accent color(s) would be great.

Thanks so much for any advice.

Comments (35)