SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnycottage_gw

Those oh-so-"lovely" burglar bars ...

SunnyCottage
11 years ago

Do you have them? If so, would you be able to share a photo? We're considering having them installed on the windows and door on the back and side of our house that are not visible to the street. After a recent break-in attempt, we have a brand new realization of our home's vulnerable areas, and particularly since we travel several weeks out of the year, we want to be as secure as possible. (We do already have a monitored security alarm.)

I have never liked burglar bars, although I know that nowadays they are equipped with interior quick-release safety features (so being trapped in a fire is not an issue), and there are a number of different styles to choose from. I hesitate to do anything that is going to ruin the look of our Tudor-style cottage ... but I'll be damned if we're going to make our home an easy target for the kind of dirtbag that attempted to gain access the other day.

So ... do you have, or have you seen, bars that are, if not aesthetically pleasing, at least visibly unobtrusive?

Comments (31)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH