SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nova_novice

Oh the scent of those Portland roses!!

16 years ago

I got two little bands from Rogue Valley roses this spring, Pickering's Four Seasons Rose and Rose du Roi. I have them in pots, because they are so little.

Rose du Roi had a really nice deep pink bloom a week ago, and oh,...the fragrance just as it opened!! There is one more bud on it, it should open in a few days. Can't wait!!! I want this rose to keep on growing!

Yesterday, Pickering's Four Seasons had two beautiful flowers on it, and one bud. I love the little button eyes, so I cut the flowers yesterday and put them in bud vases (they don't last long, but even a day is better than nothing at all). They weren't very fragrant.

But this morning, that third bud opened. I leaned to smell it, and OH MY G-D!! That same beautiful Damask scent, (not quite as strong as Rose du Roi), oh so nice! It almost made me late for my bus to work

The flowers don't seem to last long (I'm hoping that will improve as the plants mature). But that Damask scent...it just takes my breath away. I wish all my roses smelled like that!

Comments (17)