SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

my lr vision gone with one fell swoop

Holly- Kay
10 years ago

Along with my kitchen renovation I am redecorating the living room. I found leather and upholstery many months ago and just couldn't pull the trigger on it.

I decided that I needed help with the decorating so I had a decorator from Ethan Allen come to the house and she talked with me about colors etc and function of the room and a week later I met with her at the design center. I didn't like what she came up with it.

I decided to do the room myself and I had a vision (thanks to Annie and her amazing help) of what I wanted the room to look like.

I ordered the chairs through a local furniture store and I wanted a Hancock & Moore sofa in the Sanctuary style. DH and I went to a store that carries a lot of H&M furniture so he could sit on it. He didn't like it but saw a sofa that he just had to have.

The sofa I wanted equates to Audrey Hepburn. The sofa we got equates to John Wayne. The sofa is very handsome and has quite a presence but my vision for the room just blew up.

The good thing is the chairs that I moved to the lr from our library look great with the sofa. Right now my game plan is to try my beautiful chairs with the John Wayne handsome sofa but I don't think the color of the leather on the sofa will look good with the chairs so if that doesn't work my beautiful chairs will get switched to my library chairs.

I was so upset that I couldn't even post this before now. Don't get me wrong I really like the sofa. It is very stately but it wasn't the look I was going for. I do think if the sofa was a different color it would have been okay. Anyway, Annie if you are reading this I will have a lot of questions to ask as I move forward.

The sofa was delivered on Saturday because we were able to purchase it from the floor. Dh kept saying I want to take it now and the delivery men had just come back from another delivery and were able to deliver it the same day. I was heartsick the whole way home.

This is the sofa but ours is a brick burnished leather. I hope I can make this all work but I think my whole game plan has to change. Sorry for the long ramble but I knew you would all understand.

Here is a link that might be useful: sofa

Comments (62)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH