SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Rug for under kitchen table

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

I need an 8x10 rug for under my kitchen table. I forget the exact dimensions of the table, but we had an 8x10 before under there (just an extra rug we had, didnt really match) and it was the correct size. We could go slightly larger, but not as big as 9x12. So 8x11 would work, but should be 8x10 at least to allow for 24" of space around the table for chairs to be pulled out.

My wall color is BM Moonshadow (a match for RH Sycamore Green). My cabinets are natural maple. The floors are a light stained red oak with a satin finish. Hardware is stainless/brushed nickel.

I had a rug I LOVED but I didnt buy it in time and Sundance Catalog no longer sells it! it was this one

I thought that would be perfect because I liked the style, and it had green and orange. The orange would tie in with my sunken living room which has dark orange curtains. This is an old picture, but you can see how the kitchen table is on the other side of the pony wall. and it gives you an idea of the orangey colors in the living room.

I have a 90 lb black lab, 2 young children and a cat. So I cant do a very light color rug. I also cannot do a hooked(looped) rug where my cat could pull out the loops. I've had a rug like that before and it looked awful after just a couple of weeks.

I sort of like the look of a dhurrie or kilim type rug.

Any suggestions??

Here is the kitchen in its semi-finished state

Comments (5)