SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Pillow combination for bed - need help please

User
13 years ago

I can't visualize the different pillow combinations. The bedding is on sale 25% off right now and I'm tempted not to wait any longer. Even if I don't order now I need to decide which pillows.

I'll probably have the covers arranged more like this with the black/flowered duvet folded at the bottom. DH is always hot and I think I'll grow tired of washing/stuffing the duvet cover more often.

{{!gwi}}

The red flower pillows you see are reverable to black/white check with the red trim & ties like in the photo below.

Here's a different shot of the bedding so you can see the how the reverse (black & white check/red trim) side looks.

{{!gwi}}

I originally didn't want a lot of pillows but I realize the pillow combination is part of what drew me to this bedding. I don't have any euro pillows but will buy the inserts if need be.

This is the bed I'll be ordering in a few weeks. Will order in Aged Bronze (not shown).

{{!gwi}}

The headboard is 60" high which is great but I don't want to cover too much of it. (would like at least half showing)

So what pillow combination? **We will have our solid sheet head pillows on the bed somewhere as well.**

Here was my latest combinations with the red comforter on the main bed and black duvet at the bottom more like photos 1 of the bedding.

Opt. 1

(2) solid head pillows in back in white or cream

(2) black/flower euro sham pillows (26") in front

(2) black/white check pillows with red trim (the ones that reverse to red) in front

(1) the 18" red (which also reverses to check) pillow in front - OR some other type of decorative pillow I could make.

or maybe

Opt 2

(2) solid head pillows in back in white or cream

(2) black/white check pillows with red trim (the ones that reverse to red) in front

(1) black/flower euro sham pillow (26") in front - although I'm thinking one euro pillow in the middle, in the front might look goofy.

Opt 3

Same as Opt 2 except replace the black/flower euro pillow with the small 18" accent pillow. Red and reverses to the black & white check.

Maybe the pillows shouldn't be so matchy match, side to side and stagger more like the photos? Not as many?

I can probably sew an accent pillow or find one on etsy. Maybe a monogram?

I'd honestly like to go with the least amount of pillows I can get away with and still have the arrangement look nice.

Comments (7)