I'm younger than my stepdaughter! Not good . . .
20 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (10)
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Oh my goodness---I'm in big trouble !!!!1
Comments (12)Thanks for all your kind comments-----I sure wish I were a few years younger and Bob didn't have two knee replacements-----We could really tear up that sunny area but I will try to be content with one hole at a time Robert---the Rambler I ordered is Super Dorothy----Do you know anything about this rose-?-it is supposed to be hardy and my older sister's name is Dorothy so I thought I would try it. There are so many ramblers that I would like to try---I wanted Blushing Lucy but it was sold out as was Chevy Chase. Now I wish I could move my Ghislane de Felgonde out into this area but so far she seems pretty happy back in "Elba" which is rather shady. I could take cuttings from some of my favorite ramblers but at 78 years I can't waste any time---LOL---no time for the "creep--sleep and leap" idea---LOL the spot is ready and waiting---I'm so excited --I didn't think I would be getting any new roses this year. I'll keep you posted. Florence...See MoreIs it good that I'm running my A/C while my hardwood acclimates?
Comments (5)I know that the wood was stored in a special "climate controlled" facility prior to shipping. I am guessing that means the humidity in such a building would be 30-40%. I have read that in an ideal situation that would be the humidity in your home at all times (30-40%). The humidity for the last two days has been 30-44% according to the published data. That is probably perfect. My concern is that since the AC is running so much the humidity inside my house is significantly lower. If that is the case, the wood my be a bit dry and then swell if the humidity is higher. But I guess I shouldn't be complaining since some places have 70-100% humidity which is way over the 30-40% recommended. We don't have too much high humidity. So don't worry about it? - Jim...See MoreAdult Stepchild moving back in... I'm less than thrilled
Comments (7)As a mom, I understand your wife's feelings. I have two sons ~ 20 & 23. The 23 left at 18 because he didn't like my rules, he came back several times because he couldn't loaf in any one place very long... but when I allowed him to come back, he ALWAYS had conditions! Had to find a job... spend his day looking, not sleeping all day. He had to do chores... more chores if he wasn't working because he had more time. He had to pay $50 a week. and he had to follow our house rules.. no staying up all night watching movies or playing video games, clean up after yourself, and he could only fix himself meals when we were preparing our meals. (He was welcome to eat what we were having but if he didn't like it, he could fix himself something else... but he could only do so when I was making dinner~ not after all the dinner dishes were done & kitchen was clean, because even though he had to clean up after himself, he is not very good at it so we'd end up having to do it over.) Consequently, my son CHOSE to not stay with me very long.. usually a few weeks & he'd find someone's couch. That's why he came back several times. We stuck to our conditions and he kept coming back, hoping we'd let him slide. He eventually joined the military and has matured a lot in the last two years. But, I am also going through it with my 20 year old son... having to stay firm & consistent with the rules. If they don't like it, they are "adult" age and can go do something else. You should not feel like a prisoner in your own home & suspect your wife agrees but it's her son & she doesn't want to turn him away, but maybe is conflicted because she remembers how bad it was when he was there before... I feel for her. Oh yeah, if he is leaving Dad's because he doesn't like the rules or being told what to do, does he think it will be different in your home? I think this is one time you & your wife should get together with Dad & stepmom to have the same rules/expectations in both houses....See MoreTrying to figure out how to be a good adult stepdaughter...
Comments (18)I don't see/smell any trace that OP is the other woman in her relationship with her father. I feel sorry for the father who lost so much joy with the family due to his insecure, control freak new wife. "Does your husband and his mother go to lunch and other leisure activities without including you? Would it be okay if they did?" - Why is it not OK? This question is beyond silly. In our family, we always have alone time with our parents and children. I still remember the wonderful time and conversation with my own father even it has been 40-50 years. HD was his mother's favorite, they always had private time together when we were on vacation visiting her. We also have great memory spending alone time with our own children in various countries and cities. southernsummer, do your own biological children spend alone time with you or your husband? If they do, does it make them the "other woman or man"? May be because I am the type of person who does not always remember my own birthday, I fail to see the big deal of spending time with your husband exact on your birthday, especially the daughter does not live with the father, and you live with him every single day of the year. Why cannot you find another day to celebrate? In your other posts it seems you have problem over Christmas gifts from your husband to his children. Again, I fail to understand the issues. In our own family we don't see children until Christmas break due to all of us have busy careers. We are so appreciative that they spend vacation and airfares, expenses coming home to see us ( they could well afford traveling to anywhere in the world if they want to). As always, we give high dollar gifts to indirectly compensate the expense they incur. If the once a year gifts impact your financial future, you need to have a serious discussion with your husband, otherwise, why interfere? Relationship between each parent and child is unique, it does not need to be according to others wishes/rules....See More- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDES7 Tips to Sell Your Home Faster to a Younger Buyer
Draw today's home buyers by appealing to their tastes, with these guidelines from an expert decorator
Full Story
BUDGET DECORATING9 Tricks to Boost Your Home’s Appeal for Less Than $400
Whether you’re redecorating or just doing a quick update, check out these ways to enhance your home on a budget
Full Story
SMALL HOMES28 Great Homes Smaller Than 1,000 Square Feet
See how the right layout, furniture and mind-set can lead to comfortable living in any size of home
Full Story
FURNITURE6 Decades-Old Designs That Look Better Than Ever
After getting a few nips and tucks, some favorites from the ’60s and ’70s have made a stylish comeback
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME9 Ways to Boost Your Home’s Appeal for Less Than $75
Whether you’re selling your home or just looking to freshen it up, check out these inexpensive ways to transform it
Full Story
FIREPLACESRumford Fireplaces Are Hotter Than Ever
Higher efficiency and good looks are leading homeowners back to this 18th-century fireplace design
Full Story
FLOORSHow to Get a Tile Floor Installed
Inventive options and durability make tile a good choice for floors. Here’s what to expect
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESJazz Up Your Dining Room for Less Than $500
New lighting, colorful dishware, fun fabrics and other small updates add up to a big-time facelift on a little bitty budget
Full Story
Sponsored

HU-210741418