SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

BM off in the deep end...DH and I are really concerned

lovehadley
15 years ago

So court was what---2 weeks ago? Or 3? Something like that!

DH and BM had the option of going to trial--and DH would have--but the judge completely overturned what the GAL had originally said. And BM's attorney basically told her she would be stupid to go to trial.

So DH got residential custody. They still have 50-50 physical, but SS will go to school in our district.

Apparently, the GAL got very angry at BM in the conference room and accused her of lying to him. He said she presented herself as a SAHM but then he found out she is on welfare. Got angry because he claimed he didn't realize that her DH is unemployed and is moving temporarily to Texas for employment. Said she lied about how long her license was suspended from her DWI. He was angry that they got married just for the court case. ETC.

OK--all of this is stuff DH pointed out, but I think it's true what people said----the GAL did not bother to look at any of the information we provided. The JUDGE, thank God, did and the GAL felt STUPID when the judge called him on it.

AMYWAY---BM was on her best behavior drinking wise while the court case was proceeding.

NOW---she is doing stuff we've NEVER seen her do before. And DH and I are concerned, VERY concerned, about SS.

Christmas Eve---SS was supposed to be with us, but we switched nights so BM could have him Christmas EVe, and then we would get him back Christmas morning.

Christmas Eve around 7 pm we were driving with DD to my dad's house for a family gathering. BM called DH and was COMPLETELY WASTED at a BAR. Said that she had gotten in a fight with her DH and was really angry at SS, too, because he had been mean and disrespectful to her all day. She said that everyone sh*ts on her, and that she had had enough, and she had let her DH take SS to a family party and she went out drinking.

Ok, so right off the bat, DH was FURIOUS. He was like---WHY are you out drinking on CHRISTMAS EVE and not with OUR SON???

I wanted him to go track SS down at the party and bring him with us---but DH said no, it would just cause more drama. BM was sobbing on the phone about what a terrible mother she is, her son doesn't love her, her DH is a jerk, etc. etc. She kept telling DH how he had every right to be angry with her, and could he give her a chance to make Christmas turn out alright.

Ok, so whatever...Christmas morning DH went out to her house to pick SS up, and things seemed okay.

So then SS was with us Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun. Went back to BM's Monday morning before DH went to work.

BM calls us at MIDNIGHT last night and is once again---OBLITERATED out at a bar. Mind you, SS is at home with his stepfather.

She was hysterical about how she had a family party last night for her stepdaughter, and her DH's sister's boyfriend (OMG---this sounds like a Jerry Springer show!) called her baby a "little b*tch" and then was wrestling roughly with SS, and choked him! Then, after this happened, apparently, the sister and her boyfriend took the stepdaughter and SS (MY DH's son) to Chuck E Cheese. WHY would you let your child go with someone like that??? I could not believe that!

While at Chuck E Cheese, her 11 yr old stepdaughter called home on her cell and said that SS was crying because this sadistic guy had punched him in the stomach as a JOKE.

So then they came home (ok, I am sorry but if I had gotten a call like that about my DD----I would have said STAY WHERE YOU ARE, STAY ON THE PHONE, I AM COMING TO GET YOU RIGHT NOW!)

So anyway---fast forward to midnight when BM called---she was so upset over the events that had taken place that she decided to go out and drink at a bar by their house. WITH her son at home.

She was ranting on the phone to my DH about how she was going to drive over to this guy's house and get in a fight, blah blah.

DH told her to get her @$$ home with her son!!!!

Something is going on with her. It's BAD. I almost feel like she was soooooo *good* all during the court proceedings and now that it's over, she is just letting loose. In all the years i've known her--as bad as her drinking has been---the one thing she has NEVER done is go out and drink while her son was with her.

Yes, she would get wasted pretty much every night he was with us, but she NEVER went out drinking when he was there.

The last two nights she's had him, she's gone out drinking. This is NOT something I've seen her do, and it worries me that her addiction is really deteriorating. She drinks A LOT at home--she is always calling DH and telling him that she's on her 2nd bottle of wine or whatever. And that's not good.

SS told us that on Christmas Eve day, his mom went out and his SF was home with them, and he "slept' all day.

With A BABY and a 6 YEAR OLD and an 11 YEAR OLD in the house, mind you.

A couple weeks ago BM told DH that she had gone out drinking, went driving over to some friend's house, and ran out of gas on the highway---and some random guy pulled over and gave her a ride to the gas station. And she was LAUGHING about how she was soooo drunk and had no clue who this guy was.

Hilarious.

The weird thing is---BM has been soooo open and friendly to us lately because she is so grateful that DH did not pursue the court case. She has not stopped thanking him for not taking it to trial---I think because she was beginning to realize she might actually lose custody. and she is so DUMB now because she tells us EVERYTHING---about how much she drinks at home to how she has a problem with Xanax (sp?) to how much she fights with her husband.

The problem is---BM was so GOOD during the 9 month court case that DH was beginning to relax and think that she was growing up, settling down with her baby, stepdaughter and husband---and that things would be okay, as long as he could get the school district issue settled. She really controlled her drinking during the court stuff, but now it seems like it's all just coming out in the worst way--like it was bottled up for so long and she is just exploding!

These last couple weeks, DH is beginning to freak out about his son's safety over there. This is all new. BM has always had a drinking problem, but she's always been an attentive mother when her son was with her. It seems like this is deteriorating quickly.

I am really beginning to worry, too. It used to just be the emotional stuff I worried about with SS, and how his mom was, but now I'm worried for his physical safety, as well. Apparently, BM was upset last night because he told her that she didn't protect him from that guy, and that if DH and I had been there, we would not have let that happen. And that he wants to start calling HER stepmom and ME mom.

What should DH do? Talk to his attorney about re-starting the custody battle? Is it too late to go to trial? Should we start recording BM's phone calls?

Sorry so long and complicated!

Comments (7)