SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom23es_gw

How to hang curtains in asymmetrical corner windows?

Mom23Es
10 years ago

I need to hang my curtains, but I just don't know how I should do it. I bought the wooden rods and necessary hardware, along with 8 curtain panels many months ago. The function of these curtains are to dress the windows and to absorb sound. They will rarely (never?) be actually pulled closed. We will not be using blinds.

Here are the windows in question. (Please imagine some day in the future when I replace the pack n play and old arm chair with leather chairs... and maybe someday we will have a real coffee table. LOL)

And here are the curtains that I purchased.

The space on the windows next to the fireplace is so limited. There is hardly any room once I add finials. I'm wondering if I should use a corner connector and just forget about finials on the inner corners? Then the whole corner would be covered with curtains.

Like this....

Contemporary Bedroom by Seattle General Contractors Logan's Hammer Building & Renovation

Or if I mount a rod with end finials on each end about each window, would I go ahead and make each rod the same length? I obviously have more room on the side walls than on the back wall. Should everything be exactly the same, or would it look better to make the side windows' rod a bit wider?

Hopefully I explained this okay. Thanks so much!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm