SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casper73

surprise stepchild

casper73
11 years ago

I thought my partner was everything i wanted. We planned for and had a baby then 1 year later when we moved i found a video camera cassette and on the tape was a little boy having a birthday. ( his son is 16 months older than my own child)My heart sank and my world was shattered because i knew this was my partners son, why else would he have this tape. I was devastated. I confronted my partner and he told me that he planned to tell me but he knew i would have left. He also said she purposely fell pregnant and didnt tell him till she was 6months pregnant. Long story short i stayed with him because i wanted my child to have everything he promised. One year later we had full custody of his other son but I am really struggling with it. Hes a lovely child and im trying my best to raise him but my hearts not in it and im starting to wonder if i should take my son and leave. But i know i could never earn and provide for my son like his dad can. But leaving my son is out of the question. I also feel resentment especially because she voluntarily gave the son to us because she knew my partner was well off and demands money from us whenever she can and if we say no he thinks she will take the son back. I dont trust my partner anymore and i feel a fool but i feel trapped.

Comments (3)