SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

We don't Have to Do anything

wild_thing
15 years ago

I was reading another thread and a post from HopDrop5 got my attention. It was in response to the fact that as stepmoms we do so much and we really don't get anything in return. As expected, it is a thankless job we do.

But, the fact is and always is, that we as stepmoms, do not have to do anything for these children. Period. It isn't our responsiblity at all. But most of us do. For that, we are only criticized when we feel the need to vent to others. The reason for the citicizing is always the same, well you knew you were marrying a man with children blah blah blah. Yeah, so? We didn't marry with the agreement that we had to help raise his kids. Most do that freely of themselves. We could go on about our business and make the dads do everything for their kids.

I have said it before, just because your parents are divorced does not mean that you are more special than anyone else or that you can behave any way you wish. Especially if they are older. Yes, there are certain behaviors that are common to children of divorced parents, but most of what I see here is some over the top behavior. I mean would most of us be here if we were having a peachy keen time raising our blended families? I know I wouldn't.

But as step parents we are actually MORE giving, caring, loving, etc than anyone can possiblly understand, but we always get the wrap that we are just the opposite. Why? Because our step kids are given free reign to behave as they will and given excuses all the time from all over. They are never held responsible for their own behavior and choices. People always rush to their aid, if you will and give excuses such as well they have step parents, or they are at that age or this or that. It is ridiculous and people need to open their eyes.

Comments (7)