Houzz Logo Print
blendedinidaho

My Stepson wants to get rid of me

17 years ago

I am a brand new member to this site and I am hoping someone can shed some light on my drastic situation. As the title says, my stepson wants to get rid of me and I will further go on to say that he is scared of me. therefore, the reason to get rid of me. Excuse my run on sentences and poor grammar but here it goes.

I met my wife and then we married three months later. I know, whirlwind. Her son was 4 1/2 at the time and she has been divorced for about three years. The bio is a real POS but they did things together as a family unit for the sake of her son. I have a son who is almost 9 that I get to see every other weekend.

There was not much discipline in the houshold before I came and the son took advantage of that in my opinion. Whenever he didnt want to do something he would say his legs are broken and just fall down, cute but not effective. He has his mom wrapped around his finger and he works it pretty good. Since I have been in the picture I have been the voice of discipline and he does not like it. He will do something wrong and I will correct him and hold him to it and he doesnt like it. All he has to to do his mom is to say "mom, I love you" and she totally gets all mushy and drops it and the boy has not learned a thing.

Lately he has began telling her that he is scared of me. he likes me but he is scared. I asked him why he is scared of me and he says that when he gets in trouble I yell at him or gives him a dirty look. I ask him what mommy does and he says the same thing. I then ask if he is scared of mommy and he says no. He just doesnt like that I follow through with the discipline IMHO. When he tells his mom this he gets extra attention and he feeds off of that. In the recent past he has told his mom that I pulled over downtown and spanked him and he peed his pants a little and that I poke him. Neither of which are true. Both statements were shockers to me! I have swatted his butt when he doesnt listen but never what he said. Last night he told his mom, "mom cant you and dad get a divorce and then it can be just you and I, then you can marry him again when im older". My wife has no idea what to do, and neither do I. Help me!

Comments (28)

Sponsored