SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stepmomof4

BM broke up with her boyfriend, here we go again. . .

stepmomof4
14 years ago

DH and I have been together for 10 years. Meanwhile BM has been in many relationships. Several of whom she has introduced to the kids and let him be part of their lives. When she is in a relationship she lets us have the kids extra if we want and is generally easy to get along with. When she breaks up with one of them, the good news is she becomes "supermom"and suddenly is very concerned about them and spends money and time on them for a change. She often acquires a new pet too. This time is was a kitten. The bad news is she is very hard to get along with and calls DH on the phone at his job and discusses the kids at length . . and complains about me too. DH and I also think she has a weird idea that he and she will get back together some day, or maybe she realizes what a great guy she had once.

The kids went back to her house on Friday and she called DH this morning at work, to complain about something she thought I had done, for an hour. She ranted about a lot of other subjects and just sounded like she wanted to control everything, perhaps because she had suddenly lost so much. I kind of feel sorry for her. We were expecting something to happen because one of the kids said she had broken up with her BF . . . *sigh* just in time for the holidays.

Does anyone else go through this?

Comments (8)