SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mneal_gw

At the end of my rope.

mneal
16 years ago

To all who reads and offers advice Thank you in advance. I promise it will truly help !

Ok here we go. I got married to a wonderful passive man 1 year ago. He came with a horrible ex-wife. 2 biological kids and 1 step which of whom he takes in like his own. The problems all started when I showed up in town and she saw me at a basketball game with him that night. Immediately after we left the game she began sending text messages degrading my character. And it has continued on to this day. She would email him at work telling him how I was this and that. She would send text messages how she didnt want the kids around me. Although when the kids would come ( every other weekend) I took them in and loved them just like I do my own daughter. The kids have never went back and told her that I have mistreated them. So then we had to get his cell phone number changed. Because he would go back and forth with her through text messages. And I had to shut that down. I told him if it wasnt about the kids then it didnt need to be entertained. So we got that out of the way. Then the emails got out of hand. So I had to have him to shut that down and now she was just down to calling. And he told her if the conversation get's off of track that he would just hang up. But we finally got to that point after we got 2 letter's from her attorney stating that my behaviour towards her was unacceptable and if my husband didnt get control of me that he would be forced to go to court and have his rights terminated for safety of the kids. I was furious because I have never said anything to her. I only responded. When she had all this bad stuff to say about me, I let it go on for months before I would even cuss her out. Then one day she came to get the kids bikes and she started getting nasty with him and me and I tried to punch her but he blocked it and then had the nerve after she left crying saying that I needed to apologize to her. I laughed. I told him after all I had been through I refuse and we left it at that. Then the very next day she went to the police department and told them that I hit her. They called and I told them that if they wanted to charge me for attempting to knocking her out then go right ahead. And that didnt go anywhere. So then all this time she would call and say well the kids arent coming because your wife is childish and i dont have time to play these games with her. But yet and still I am only defending myself. This whole situation took a toll on me emotionally. Her kids would come and make fun of my daughter and then she sent me a text message stating that her kids know they are better than my daughter that is why the make in fun of her. The kids dont listen to me. My husband is great at getting onto them. But it is as if she tell's them each time they are over not to play with my daughter and not to listen to me. The oldest which is 10 dictates everything for his younger siblings. From what they eat to what they wear. It is horrible. This whole situation caused me to start drinking everyday just to deal with the problems. For the 1st 1o months my husband was so passive and the only time he would stand up is if I threatened to leave etc.. So all progress for the 1st 10 months came from me fussing. I started drinking every single day, I was diagnosed as having major depression disorder, I got on anti depressants. And I was and still am angry at him because when I met him and showed up here ( my original home town, i just moved back) I was normal, happy and fine. Now I am an emotional wreck.

But here is the latest. Her car got keyed up, her email got broken into, her myspace got deleted. And guess who got blamed for it all------ ME. I had to go down to the police department to answer for all of this bs. And then when they couldnt do anything she is emailing my husband everyday saying that she knows i am the one that did it, and that she feels sorry for him because I am going to jail which is a lie. Now dont get me wrong after meeting with my pastor and having counseling my husband has recognized all of the mistakes he made in the past. And he is awesome at dealing with this situation now/currently. He has told her not to email him anymore because they will go un-read. And that if she needs to talk about the kids then she knows how to contact us. But here is my dilemma can she harass us everyday trying to convince him that i am no angel per her. What can i do to prevent myself from bogus claims to the police department. She was talking about me to him about 2 weeks ago and i called to try to see what the problem was and she wouldnt answer so i finally sent her a text and i told her that she had a butt whooping on credit with me. I am sick and tired of going through this for a whole year. I did speak with her months ago telling her that we dont have to fall into this stereo-type of us not being able to get along. And then she will call him and say well your wife just called kissing my butt. And that made me mad. I have tried to get along with her. We have been cordial at times. But now it is getting to the point to where i feel like she is provoking me to really whoop her butt, and I can't. I have a nursing degree on the line. I did send her a text saying she had an ass whooping on credit. Now she feels threatened and she feels like the kids arent safe with me because she said I am jealous of her and she feels like i might take that jealousy out on her kids. So when i do respond and say something then he doesnt get to see the kids and i really dont know what to do. I am at my witts end with this whole situation. Me and my husband are extremely happy. But we just keep getting emails from her. I just dont know how to stop all of this. I find myself thinking about her craziness everyday. I wish I could let all of this go in my mind. And have thick skin and not really care what she says about me. But for me when you put so much into to something. I have invested sooo much into her kids, I have tried to invest and be cordial and get along with her and yet nothing is good enough. I dont know what to do. Fighting is definately not the answer. I am 5'1 and she is 5'10 but yet she is scared of me come on now. This has gotten way out of hand and I just dont know which way it is going but to court. Please help !

Comments (14)