SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorimckay

FL need help! At the end of my rope!

lorimckay
14 years ago

2 years ago I was the happy owner of a top load Kenmore. Then my kids started to outgrow baby clothes so I decided the extra capacity of the FL would be a good thing. Boy was I wrong! Yesterday FL #4 (in 2 years) was delivered.

I now have a Kenmore Elite.... I have spent the last 3 weeks with FL 3 and now FL 4 trying to figure out how to get my clothes to come out clean and soft - with all the soap and kids smell rinsed out.

I have cut back to as much as 1 tblspn of HE soap for a full load which seemed to help the hard scratchy feeling of the clothes. But now I have to rewash everything in my house because the odor is enough to kill a horse.

I washed a full load yesterday with Tide He Powder. I used up to the very bottom line of soap in the scoop. The clothes are stiff and don't smell clean. I ran 3 additional rinse and spin cycles and it's worse and the clothes don't even feel damp.

I can't take this! This is laundry not rocket science. How do I get the dirt and soap out of my clothes???? I have 4 kids and cancer and I'm sick of running my kids to the doctor for mystery rashes! Or having to rewash everything because they stink!

I have laundry everywhere, my entire house stinks and I'm about to go out of my mind! I know it's the lack of water these machines use because if I take my clothes to the laundry mat I don't have a problem.

I can't afford to wait for some soap to be shipped here... I need to know how to make what I have work.

Comments (24)