SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachbound1_gw

Don't Want to Stress

beachbound1
15 years ago

I need advice, or comfort, or something. Basically, my 16-year-old SD has stolen from us, destroyed our property, done drugs, stolen from stores, failed every subject and rarely attends school, the list could go on. The hard part is I always thought that love, kindness and understanding would win out. She has rather grown meaner every time I've given into her, tried to side with her, taken her on shopping sprees....well, I always tell myself to stop enabling her and now I am trying to but she is being so cruel. She even put her infant brother in danger by refusing to give him back to me when she was impaired and holding him as she stumbled around the room. She swears and yells and tells us there is nothing we can do to stop her from doing what and getting what she wants. She is right, in a way, she does not listen to anyone, not even the cops, but she has a sweet smile and always manages to fanagle her way out of anything.

There is never a full day that goes by that she isn't screaming for something or falsely accusing us of something. Like when we cough she thinks we are doing it to signal the other and we are conspiring. Honestly I would do anything for peace of mind for her and for us all. I rejoice if more than an hour goes by that she is not causing me or her dad pain. I am weary and frightened. I kept asking what I could do to make her happy.She knows I am intimidated by her and she really likes that fact and tries so hard to make me cry. She also acts like she is psychotic too but her dad thinks she is faking the psychosis as part of her mind games. I am worried and don't know what to do or say anymore. I sometimes feel unsafe in my own house. The stress is getting to the younger siblings whom I feel need protection from it.

When we are in the same room now there are all these awkward silences because I am afraid to speak for fear of her misinterpreting what I said. I try though, but never know what to say or not say. I walk on eggshells now. I know I should grow a backbone, but it is hard and I have never encountered a person like her before ever.

What should I do?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES