SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fiveinall_gw

Not SF related-help with the terrible twos..I am desperate!

fiveinall
15 years ago

So this is not SF problem but there are so many moms on here that seem to have so many good ideas I would like to get some feedback. I am by far not a new mom fresh off the block, and I wouldve thought that since I made it through the toddler years with our two girls (SD 11 and DD 4) that I would be a pro at this terrible twos stuff with our youngest son (2 1/2) but I flat out am at my witts end (I think my hair is gonna fall out) with our youngest son. He went from cute and cuddly to completely disobedient within the past few weeks.

A few examples: Last night at bath time he didnt want get washed up. every time I tried to stand him up to wash everywhere that needed it he would scream no and let his legs go limp so he was sitting back down again. I tried standing him up numerous times and he did the same exact thing and fought me each time. eventually I pulled him out of the tub to wash him and stuck him back in to rinse him the entire time he is kicking and screaming at the top of his lung.... then we hit bedtime, so I tuck everyone in bed and not 5 minutes later he is out of bed again..(this is around 8 pm) so I do the Super Nanny advice and calmly walk him back to be (while he kicks and screams at me) tuck him in and tell him goodnight, walk away....5 min later again he is back outta bed...I repeated this for no kidding a good HOUR(calmy walking him back to bed)...he still didnt get it and as time went on he got more enraged and started spitting and fighting me when I tried to walk him back to bed...So now its 9pm and my patience is running thin so think maybe if I stay in the room and snuggle with him he'll go to sleep..no luck he still kept getting out of bed (this whole time he is still throwing a tantrum) we did this until 10:30pm until he finally passed out....fast foward to this morning time to get up and get dressed...he would have nothing of it...didnt want to get out of his jammies and kicked and screamed while I tried to get him dressed..I finally after wrestling him got him dressed, went in the bathroom to brush my hair and as soon as I came out he had undressed...so we repeated the process again with me wrestling him (he is surprising strong) to get his clothes on...this time he spits in my face...I get him dressed and put him in the corner for spitting at me....

My girls were never this bad as toddlers...I just want to cry..I feel like I cant control him when he acts like this...the only thing I can think of is that he has a bad case of the terrible twos, we havent had any life changes or upheavals in our home for him to be "acting out"....I have tried time out, distracting him, super nanny stuff....none of it is working!!!!!!!!! anybody have any ideas I can try?????????

I have never had such at time of it with a child...

Comments (6)