SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tdwh

Ex husband getting married ...kids to attend

tdwh
15 years ago

This is a long one....My ex husband rang me to tell me he is planning to get married again in the summer. We split 3 1/2 years ago. He is Greek and went back to live in Greece. (I live in the UK)We have two little boys aged 6 and 7 who he visits once a month. He has them for the weekend. The boys also go to stay with him for 10-14 days in the summer and in the christmas holidays. This is very difficult for me as you can imagine. He doesn't always look after the boys the way I would like ( late bedtimes, lets them fight each other, lack of discipline, asleep on the sofa whilst they play, speeding and dangerous driving)) but i think it's important for them to see their dad and i know he loves them. His new partner seems ok although I know very little about her. She helps him to look after them and I think is a stabling influence although she is young and doesn't appear to have had much experience of children.

Anyway....he has asked me to fly the children over to him for the wedding. He wants to organise the wedding at at a time when the boys can come. My difficulty is....should I have to take them over? It will cost me a fair amount, it is to make his life easier ( he would normally come over and pick the boys up) and I think he wants me to do that so he can then give them back to me after the wedding and go off on honeymoon. I am not invited to the wedding and I am also worried about how the boys will cope with the day if they don't have their father to look after them (his mind will be on other things). I am not sure he realises how confusing this could be for the boys.Would it make it easier for the boys if I take them over? What should I tell him?

Comments (72)