SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susnnn

Ex husband, his evil wife and child support

Susnnn
21 years ago

I am so frustrated with my ex that I could just scream. We divorced in 1991 (so he could move in with his then girlfriend, now his wife) She likes to pretend that my ex had no life before her. Therefore her kid becomes his and he has nothing to do with his on 2 sons.

We both live in different states now and he makes no attempts to call his kids, not Christmas, not birthdays, nothing. He hasn't even seen the kids since 1993. Although he has had oportunities galore.

It always bothered me that he treated the kids like that, but I figured with the way he is, it was better that he wasn't being a role model for the kids.

Today the kids are 18 and 21. The youngest is in college. My child support order states that he must pay support while he is in college. But I've recently hard through the grapevine that he is making his last payment in October. Now I am stuck with having to deal with attorneys, child support enforcement and all of those wonderful things. The CSEA in the state I live in says I must wait until he stops paying to take action and then it would be about a year before I see anything. He can not be arrested for not following the orders I was told. Event though I just recently found out that he had a major increase in pay about 5 years ago. CSEA says that doesn't matter, it was never documented so he never had to increase his support. I thought any substantial increase in income had to be reported.

Because the support is helping pay for college, when it stops, college stops for my son. Meanwhile my ex and his wife and her kid can live in their newly constructed 250 thousand dollar house and live happily ever after.

I guess the fathers are getting more and more rights these days. Seems like CSEA couldn't care less about my son's situation. And I thought they were here to help the kids. Sorry for my ranting, I am just fed up with these systems and my ex.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor