SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
comkow_gw

Grounding/Bonding Pool (Pic/Link)

comkow
15 years ago

Without getting into specifics of how our electrician decided he was done with our pool b/c he put in "enough" time and was losing money, I want to ask a question about the bonding/grounding of our pool.

Last week we had another electrician stop by to finish the electrical job. He asked if we had it inspected. We told him the original electrician supposedly has the paperwork, but in reality..."No, we never saw an inspector on site and do not have the yellow approved circle sticker" He then continued to look at the other guys work and told us the pool is not properly bonded/grounded.

It is a vinyl pool, so it has metal braces. Although we have some pictures showing the green wire coming from the ladder to the pump, we do not see it bonded anywhere else. Then the new electrician told us in our case the bonding needs to be all the way around the pool since we have two acrylic steps, which are considered breaks in the metal braces.

DH wants to confirm that the new electrician is not trying to scam us by telling us we need new wire arond the entire perimeter of the pool.

We have been swimming, but to be honest, the thought of our entire family possibly being electrocuted is scaring me more each day!!

Here is a link to the pool when it was being constructed. You can see the green wire in some of the pictures. If you are facing the pool as in the first picture, the green wire runs around clockwise to where all of the pipes run out to meet the equipment pad by the house.

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/comkow/Pool%20Build/Frame/

Thx so much!!! I am thinking when swimming we should turn off the pump or even the breaker for the time-being.

Very sad and scared too.

Comments (2)